Monday, July 18, 2016

July Quota Achieved

I'm still thinking of what my monthly quota should be.
I thought of starting with 10% but I'd like to challenge myself to see if I could make 20% this July.
Here's my ONLY trade for the past 3 (close to 4) weeks.





As you can see, this was an all in trade.
There are some things I considered before I entered with volume.
I asked myself these questions. (credits to Sir Lancelot for this very important lesson)

1. Will I be able to execute my plan with huge volume and not panic if it goes the other way?
- Because I did a test buy at 2.73, buying more on 3.20 levels won't make my Average Entry Price that high which means I can handle the swings in price. I won't panic if it goes down. Aside from that, the stock is in AOTS.

2. Am I willing to wait X number of days for the play to materialize?
- Yes. This was a trend following trade for me. I challenged myself if I could hold this for a month. Because if I do, I could nail future set-ups like this. I used the previous box top as trail stop which is why I sold yesterday.

3. Will I not be tempted if I see other stocks start to fly?
- Hardest part for me. You have SPH, NOW, IMP, ALT, APO, APX and other stocks that went up while my pick was consolidating. But I had conviction on this trade and of equal importance, I have a plan. All I have to do is follow it.

I sold yesterday when the previous box's top, which also happens to be a psychological support, failed to hold.

Gained +25% overall on this trade.

10 comments:

  1. Hope I can be as disciplined as you are :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ramil,

      You can be. You just need to find what works for you so you won't deviate from what you have planned. I personally don't like fast/tsupita plays that happen within the day because I freeze when things happen fast. I think the key is to find out what kind of trader you are so that following your strategy will be easy because it goes with your personality. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks, until now di ko pa alam kung anong trader ba dapat ang bagay sa akin. FOMO syndrome bumabalik, kaya talon ako ng talon, habol sa presyo.

      Delete
  2. How did you control that emotions Sir? Lalo na, all in ka pala, no funds left for those flying stocks kahit pang tsupit man lang.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristine,

      Problema ko talaga yang Fear-Of-Missing-Out (FOMO). Lalo na pag may nakita kang mas malakas na signal na may mas mataas na potential profit. Pero one of the lessons I learned in the program is this: There will always be opportunities in the market. Kahit anung araw, kahit anong oras, may opportunities. Hindi yan mauubos. So you stick with what you have planned. Run your own race. Hindi ka naman nakikipag karera sa ibang traders. Ang importante ay kumita ka at palaguin ang pera mo. Even if it takes longer than how other people do it. :) That is one important mental shift.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations po sir! :) Paano mo sir mino-monitor yung MCP these past few weeks? Every end of the day lang?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks! Although yung July Quota ko, I lost most of it in my recent trades last week. But that's fine. Hehehe. Yung MCP, I only monitor it every end of the day. Hindi kasi sya yung type ng stock na bumabagsak ng 10% in a single day so I can handle the intraday swings of it. Kung yung type ng stock is yung mga SFI, IS, ganun. Yung mga may history ng pagbagsak ng more than 10% even 20% in a single day, it's better to monitor it closely. Pero pag yung mga blue chips or yung mga big caps na stocks, end-of-day price lang hinihintay ko. Mas madaling sikmurain. :)

      Delete
  4. Galing sir sana kasing pasensyoso mo ko..isang prob ko madali ako mashake ehhh..so pwede talaga siguro nga na twing end of day ka na lng tumingin..iwas na lang sa stocks na malalaki galaw..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sana din sir ganito ako ka-pasensyoso palagi. Hahahah. Pero hindi eh. Still trying to master myself.

      Delete
  5. salamat sir sa mga post mo.newbie poh na gusting matuto mulas a inyo at kay sir zee.
    hope maturuan nyo poh ako.I am from a far away land.hahah..I'm from Mindanao.hopefully I can learn how this things work for me.

    ReplyDelete