Thursday, October 8, 2015

False Prophets

It's everyone's goal to make sure money fast and it is human nature to want the easy way out.

When I was fairly new in trading, I asked strangers about the next hot stock.
I joined private chatrooms with real-time updates on what stocks are moving.
I joined facebook groups with tons of analyses saying why this certain stock is bound to go up.
I tried to find answers.
I wanted to get them fast.
And then I found him.


Anyone that comes to mind?

Just like you, I've been a victim of these false prophets or gurus or whatever.
Because when you're new at something, you try to find someone who's good at it and learn his ways.
And besides,
Who wouldn't want to just ask someone what stock is going to rally when, then make tons of money?

I was like this back then.
Expecting profits.
Ignoring risks.
But after a few good losses, I stopped following his picks.
I stopped following his group.
I stopped following any group.
I worked my ass off on finding a strategy that works for me.
And I transcended to a new level of thinking.

And whenever I see posts about newbies losing their hard-earned money, this picture comes to mind:


Eh di wow.


No comments:

Post a Comment