Monday, December 7, 2015

The Problem Lies In My Way Of Thinking

My last post was way back in October which was roughly 2 months ago.
I'm really a crappy writer and barely have time to update this blog.
I'd rather do post-analysis of my trades than update this.
But right now, I'm not seeing much opportunities in the market.


If we go below 6,500 we're doomed.


And since I have time, I'll post my winning trades.
Don't ask me why I won't post losing trades because come on, who in his right mind would choose to take a screenshot of a losing trade instead of cutting his losses right away?
That's why you don't see the ZFTribe post losing trades.
Cutting losses is more important.
I'm not a member of the Tribe.
Just a fan.
A BIG fan.

I just noticed that I started this blog October so I wasn't able to post my trophy trade which was in September.

Here it is:









As you may have noticed, my total account equity before the ION trade was a mere P35,000 which is roughly 30% of my total invested capital P114,000.
Yes, I was down 70% for my entire career as a trader.
But this ION trade, not only gave me a 3x bagger (4.5x bagger if I had more experience), it also changed my mindset A LOT.

I realized that I have no problem in finding stocks that I believe should be going up in a few days or weeks. I can find them. (or maybe it's just because we're in a bull market)

THE PROBLEM LIES IN MY WAY OF THINKING.

I am able to catch a trend/momentum early before it spikes or goes parabolic, but:
- I don't have the confidence to trade the set-up
- I don't have the patience to wait for optimum risk-reward ratio (i just go in)
- And when I'm in, I am not able to maximize my gains

I have no problem cutting losses.
When you buried yourself -70% deep, you should have experienced cutting losses like crazy by now.

On this ION trade, I went all in at 0.69 but it didn't get filled. So I bought at the close of 0.72. It went up, I sold at 1.00 which was ABSOLUTELY A TERRIBLE DECISION. I realized I just wanted to book my profits right away. Next selling point was at 2.32, which was ANOTHER ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE DECISON because it was making new 52-week highs. It went as high as 4.18 and I held. It went down -12% and I held. I knew in myself that I had to sell because it was a BLOW OFF. But something's telling me not to. Maybe a colleague or a rumor that the target was 8.00 pesos. So much error. So much greed.



And greed got me.

I held until it went back to 2.31 which was technically a sell signal for me because it closed below the 20day Moving Average. I closed all my positions at this point.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome throwback trade. On your ION trade, you could have just set trail stops. That could have helped you maximize gains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy sh*T! how'd you know this blog? i didn't plan on letting anyone know about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was shared by either Kap or Zee some time ago. Can't remember when. It's been on my blog roll ever since.

      Delete
  3. By the way, my trail stop was really the 20ma. It just so happened that it was too far from the top. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Impressed by your holding power on ION. Hope to hear more about your journey!

      Delete