Sunday, January 31, 2016

DAVIN & My Ego

Oh yeah.

Tonight I'll be dissecting my DAVIN journey which started January 8.



So I bought DAVIN when it broke out of the fractal high, then went all in on the close.
However, it tanked the next day and got me selling all of it at a huge f*cking loss. (more than 10%)
But although I exited, it was still in my watchlist.
It seems pretty obvious what the support level is. So I bought near it.
But this time, not all in. Just testing the waters I guess. Got scared of the recent loss.

Then it gapped up.
Now this gap up, I don't know how to interpret.
So I just waited.
Then it went up. But I didn't want to buy more.
Until finally, I bought more when it broke out of immediate resistance.


The reason I was confident to add more on this level even if it seems too high already, is because I have a decent base at 1.81. If I add more, that would only make my average price at 2.06.

But the reason why I didn't add when it gapped up or when it surged the day after it gapped up, is because of my EGO. I've been thinking about it during that week.

"Why didn't I buy then?"
"How come I didn't see that?"
"That was the confirmation. But I didn't do anything about it."
"Ba't di ko pinuruhan?"

Then I realized, I didn't want to buy more because I don't want to increase my average price. Because my entry price of 1.81 was awesome. And if it reaches 3.60+, I would have myself a bagger. And if I don't increase my average price, I have more % gains to brag about.


How stupid. That was really really really really f*cking stupid. F*ckering f*cking f*ck!

Took me an opportunity cost of 30%+ gain before I convinced myself that making more money is more important than having more % gains to brag about.



Sold on weakness.

This, too, shall pass.

Lessons learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment