Sunday, February 7, 2016

2.50%

I saw that the Gentlemen Bastards is offering a mentorship program.

It's free and it won't be like the Zeefreaks batches where there is a subastahan. 
I think there will be no monetary exchange and anyone can apply.
But only a select few will be chosen.


I saw their posts and I was ecstatic.
Every single cell of the trader in me was pumped with adrenaline.
Because I am a big fan of the ZeeFreaks tribe. I've read the blog inside out.
I've been reading the blog since November 2014 and I've incorporated the Zeus Strike and Alignment of the Stars into my system. Aside from that, I have read the blogs of all the tribe members that I know of and follow every single one of them. I study how and why they get into certain trades.

I have to join the program.
This may just be a once in a lifetime chance.
I need to get in.
So I sent them a message.

Talk about intro.
After a while, they replied and said that they'll let me know once they have decided on the screening.
I waited..


Then there was a registration form.
At first I was so excited that I filled up the form immediately but when I got to the part where you were asked to share your stock market story, I stopped and told myself that filling up this part needs more time. The next question was where I have to sell myself. So I closed the form and decided I'll just fill it up by the weekend so I can think of better answers. That's just the kind of person I am. I like to take things smoothly, think about it, and plan when I can.

Before I went to sleep that night, I was thinking of my answers. I was thinking while taking a bath. I was thinking about it on my commute to work. Heck, I was thinking about it while working. I even made a Word document of my answers so I can revise it whenever a better idea comes to mind. Imagine how eager I was.

When I finished the document and was ready to paste it to the original form provided by the bastards:


HOLY F*CKING SH*T !!!

They said that the form automatically closes at midnight of February 7, why is it closed?
Midnight of February 7 is the next minute after 11:59PM of February 7, right?
Then I realized.. when 12:00AM strikes, that's February 8..

I messed up.
I was so frustrated with myself.
But this isn't assuming that if I was able to submit the form, I would've been chosen.
Only 10 people were selected out of 400.
That's a 2.50% chance.
And 2.50% is not zero.

I feel so depressed and heavyhearted even until now..
Reality broke me into pieces.
I just missed something that might change my life.
Something that may be the only thing missing.
It's like losing something yet you don't understand..


But once you've withstood the pain and overcome it, you will gain a heart that is stronger than everything else. Yes. A Fullmetal heart.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy reading your blogs. Hope to join also in Gentlemen's Bastard.

    ReplyDelete