Tuesday, April 26, 2016

A Series of Bad Executions and Rationalization

Here's how I traded SSI.

SSI, Round 1:
I don't see anything wrong on how I traded this.


SSI, Round 2:
On this one however, I was wrong when I bought after the 50ma held as support because that would be averaging down and ignoring the fact that the initial support I looked at was the 20ma which has now given up and also means that the AOTS is no longer as strong as I thought.

My thesis was invalidated but because I'm too dumb to realize that, I held on to my shares.

I sold some when the 50ma failed to hold but still betting on the 100ma holding up. That's why I only sold 2/3.

During these times, I was telling myself that the 100ma is my last line of defense and that I would cut mercilessly if it goes below that.

I was rationalizing.

"Maybe it's still a good buy after it dropped a few cents."

I was rationalizing by looking at the 100ma and how the price stayed above it which wasn't the reason why I bought.

The thoughts I had which maybe just slightly different from the reasons I got in, were wrong.

I sold at 3.39 today just before lunch because the 100ma didn't hold.

Then, there was a knock on the door..

2 comments: