Wednesday, April 27, 2016

From Test Buy To Greediness

It's amazing how the market punishes people who become conceited.

I refuse to entertain the idea that "maybe" I was like that yesterday.

But the results speak for themselves.

That's what makes the market unique.

It is an endless stream of opportunity that slaps you in the face if you don't know the rules.

One day you're doing great.

The next day you suck.

Here is how a single trade wiped out a week of gains.



Here are what I believe to be my errors:

#1 : I sold the laggard SSI in order to buy more IS where I was currently up 18% but I got greedy and bought too much that my AEP went SO close to the current price. My AEP was 0.405 after averaging up and the stock closed 0.4250.

#2 : Right after I bought it, I KNEW I WAS WRONG on buying that much. But I didn't reduce my position. I was hoping that this stock WILL go up tomorrow. Right then and there, I knew I was wrong. But I REFUSED TO ADMIT IT.

#3 : Today came and when I checked the market, the stock was down 10%. I sold 2/3 instead of selling everything.

"Mag-iwan ako 1/3 para kung tumaas man or bumalik sa 0.400 levels, breakeven yung remaining 1/3."

It didn't recover.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a problem scaling up.


4 comments:

  1. Looks like your main problem is greed. First tranche was always good. Then when you add another tranche that's when you get busted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I think so too. It could've been a breakeven trade or a small profit if I only added another 15k tranche buy. But I was too greedy. Thanks for the insight Sir Robot.

      Delete
  2. Here's to hoping we both learn how to tame our greed. I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete